Unrevoked 3.21 now up!

Last Updated:

1. khoff

khoff Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member

whats the difference from this and unrevoked 3 because i rooted from unrevoked 3

3. nykbob

nykbob Well-Known Member

Great, now where are the step by step instructions for Unrevoked for those of us who are new to this.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

There should be a link to instructions on the site....otherwise check out xdaforums I know they had a good set of instructions over there in the evo section.

5. nykbob

nykbob Well-Known Member

Nothing on the Unrevoked site other than the HBOOT USB instructions which I have done. Now what. The XDA site only has this page public:unrevoked3 [RootWiki] which also does not help as the log on the unrevoked site says the following:

• v3.21:
      • Perform validation of the 'misc' partition to ensure that no corruption has occurred
      • Changes timing of root process to make it more reliable (requires one extra reboot now)
    So this looks like a two step root, but I do not see the instructions for this 3.21.

6. nikiobicata

nikiobicata New Member

7. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

What if I'm 2.1? I guess I can't follow those directions?

8. nykbob

nykbob Well-Known Member

Rooting Using Unrevoked 3.21
    This is what I did to root my Sprint Evo 4G with froyo 2.2. I got these steps from various places but it worked just fine.

1. On my computer I uninstalled HTC Syn. (Using control panel and Add or Remove Programs. I did not uninstall the HTC drivers)
    2. I installed the HBoot Driver by following the instructions on this page public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]
    3. From this page, unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.21 I downloaded a copy of the reflash_package.exe file and save it to a folder on my PC.
    4. From the page http://androidforums.com/incredible...ked-3-rooting-stock-incredible-evo-2-2-a.html I then followed the instructions under “Rooting the Phone”
    5. In number “9” when it said “Run Reflash” I doubled clicked on “reflash_package.exe” file I had saved on my PC and pop-up window from Unrevoked came up and told me what to do. There were a few simple steps to follow on my phone and then after it rebooted itself twice I was done. At one point it seemed like it was going through the same procedure twice, but I guess that is just part of the process. In the end it worked.
    6. I confirmed root by opening the apps and I noticed that “Superuser Permissions” was present.

Sorry I cannot give directions for each step, but as a novice following others directions got it done for me.

Josh k likes this.
  9. khoff

khoff Active Member This Topic's Starter

Mr. Ed and firechicken like this.
  10. madiom

madiom Well-Known Member

11. lotto0901

lotto0901 Member

just downloaded and used version 3.21 to successfully root my Evo using a mac book pro. it took me more than one try, but it works like a champ!

12. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I did mine in one try about a week ago with the version that was pulled. No problems so far.

13. hortstu

I'm trying to update to 2.2 so that I can root using this method. The problem is when I go to menu> settings> system updates> HTC software updates> check now

It tells me there are no updates available. Is there another way to get the update. My firmware version is 2.1-update1

Thanks

14. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

I had the stock OTA Froyo from Sprint and I just used unRevoked in the same manner as described in post #8. I uninstalled HTC Sync as well as DoubleTwist and everything worked like a champ.

It does appear as if the process is being done twice but the second time is the installation of the Clockwork Recovery MOD.

Tested by using ShootMe and installed Titanium Backup and both worked fine.

Now I just have to figure out where to go from here...

15. hortstu

Were you stock 2.2 or 2.1?

16. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member