Unrevoked 3.21 Root Gone Wrong! HELP!

Last Updated:

1. aaronchapman

aaronchapman Member This Topic's Starter

I had stock froyo installed then installed Unrevoked 3.21 to root my dinc but when I ran it, it just got stuck at "Pushing Recovery..." So I soon realized that I didn't have it set to "Charge only" So I changed that then ran Unrevoked again and it proceeded very quickly. It restarted my phone once but "Charge only" WAS NOT set as the default option :/ so Unrevoked then got stuck at "Running root..." So I attempted to change it back to "Charge only" again but Unrevoked never proceeded so I exited out of Unrevoked and restarted Unrevoked after I changed the default on the dinc... However, now Unrevoked is stuck at "Pushing recovery..." again... It will not get passed that no matter what. What do I do?

Advertisement
  2. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Did you install the Hboot drivers?

http://androidforums.com/incredible...ked-3-rooting-stock-incredible-evo-2-2-a.html

http://androidforums.com/incredible...ivers-adb-bootloader-disk-drive-htc-sync.html

3. aaronchapman

I'm sure that they are seeing as how it worked originally but does not now. Nothing has changed on my computer.

4. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

usually people that run into this problem dont have those installed.

also make sure that verizon crap isnt installed on your computer.

5. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

If you do not have the updated drivers on your computer UnRevoked is not going to work properly.

6. aaronchapman

I do have the drivers installed. I just checked. That's not the problem, I think my dinc may be bricked.

7. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

whoa bricked? your Dinc won't boot up now or something? can you get into recovery or hboot or anything?

also, I don't think you want it set to charge only. pretty sure I had mine set to Mass Storage, also make sure USB Debugging is ON.

8. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

When I did my phone I followed the instructions and removed Dropbox and HTC Sync software. My first attempt was a success. When I did my wife's phone a few weeks later, I had to remove dropbox again. I proceeded with the exe file since the only thing that changed was the re-installation of dropbox. It hung up at the point where it is supposed to do the first reboot. I unplugged the USB and restarted the phone manually and then plugged it back in. Now here is the weird part...I was fairly certain that I closed the Unrevoked EXE. But when I plugged it back in, Unrevoked took over and completed the root. Weird...but it worked fine.

9. aaronchapman

Okay, 'USB Debugging' IS ON, It is set to 'Charge only' AS IT STATES TO DO on the Unrevoked website, my drivers are installed correctly, but just to be safe I re-downloaded them from unrevoked.com and re-installed them... Same issue. No matter what is changed, it seems that my phone just simply cannot be rooted... Hell I've even tried re-installing Unrevoked 3.21, that didn't work either! And there is no 'Mass Storage' option available on the dinc bud? And I'm sorry I shouldn't have said bricked...how bout ****ed up? ha

10. aaronchapman

I wish mine did the same but it didn't:/