Unrevoked 3 full root?

Last Updated:

1. zaner123

zaner123 Member This Topic's Starter

Does the newest version of the Unrevoked 3 enable a full root? I am able to do such things as install the Wifi tether app, which requires root, but I'm unsure if I can flash a new ROM with the Unrevoked root, or if I need to use another root method such as "Toast's".

I know this question has been asked/answered before, but I could not find any information regarding the newest version of the Unrevoked root.

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

UR3 doesn't give you full root...the NAND is still locked. So you'll have to either use simple root or toast's method to obtain a full root.

3. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

yup, but there are a few of the ROMS you can flash, but not all of them w/ out fully unlocking the NAND

4. zaner123

Ok. I suppose I will perform Toast's root method just to ensure everything is fully unlocked.

I'm planning on flashing the CM6 Rom, which I would guess requires NAND access.

Thanks for the quick responses.

5. zaner123

I used the simpleroot utility to re-root my Evo. I know that it is at least partially-rooted still, as apps such as titanium backup still work, but I don't know how to tell if I have full NAND access.

I tried to flash the new CM6 zip and it failed. I'm not sure if it's because I lack NAND access or because of something else, so I'm trying to rule things out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

I read somewhere how you can tell if you're fully rooted, by going into recovery, I think. Anyone know the process?