Root unrevoked 3 problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jysnwllms, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Jysnwllms

Jysnwllms Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    alright im trying to root with unrevoked 3 and im at the point where i have to install the drivers for the phone. the instructions are telling me to look for a folder that doesnt exsist to install the drivers from. i tried selecting the hboot driver files folder that comes with the unrevoked zip but it says there are no drivers in that folder. i have no idea what to do

Advertisement
  2. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010

Did you install SDK?

if not get it here... Android SDK | Android Developers

run the setup to install the drivers...

if that doesn't work look here public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

good luck

3. Jysnwllms

Jysnwllms Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    i downloaded and installed the sdk so now i have a usb_drivers folder for the second part but when i tell it to install the drivers from that folder it said there are none found. i have no idea what to do now

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Make sure the path is correct to the driver folder. To what location did you install the SDK folder? For some reason, I was thinking Unrevoked provided a driver download separate of that but it's been quite awhile since I've done it so my memory is getting sketchy.

5. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I got through all that, then I ran the reflash (debugging enabled, phone in charge only mode (I tried USB as well)) and unrEVOked just keeps saying it's waiting for me to connect my device. It's bizarre.

6. jc78

jc78 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I'm going through the same thing right now... Did you ever figure something out? I've installed the SDK, the drivers, but when I search the folder the drivers are "supposed" to be in according to the SDK, it says they don't exist (Vista32)

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    When you download the Unrevoked bundle, it comes with an internet link in the package. Click that and there are driver install links and instructs.