unrevoked 3 problem

Last Updated:

1. Jysnwllms

Jysnwllms Active Member This Topic's Starter

alright im trying to root with unrevoked 3 and im at the point where i have to install the drivers for the phone. the instructions are telling me to look for a folder that doesnt exsist to install the drivers from. i tried selecting the hboot driver files folder that comes with the unrevoked zip but it says there are no drivers in that folder. i have no idea what to do

Advertisement
  2. rcicu

rcicu Well-Known Member

Did you install SDK?

if not get it here... Android SDK | Android Developers

run the setup to install the drivers...

if that doesn't work look here public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

good luck

3. Jysnwllms

Jysnwllms Active Member This Topic's Starter

i downloaded and installed the sdk so now i have a usb_drivers folder for the second part but when i tell it to install the drivers from that folder it said there are none found. i have no idea what to do now

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Make sure the path is correct to the driver folder. To what location did you install the SDK folder? For some reason, I was thinking Unrevoked provided a driver download separate of that but it's been quite awhile since I've done it so my memory is getting sketchy.

5. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

6. jc78

jc78 New Member

I'm going through the same thing right now... Did you ever figure something out? I've installed the SDK, the drivers, but when I search the folder the drivers are "supposed" to be in according to the SDK, it says they don't exist (Vista32)

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

When you download the Unrevoked bundle, it comes with an internet link in the package. Click that and there are driver install links and instructs.