Unrevoked dosent work with 1.47.651... help?

Last Updated:

1. Csulton1

Csulton1 Member This Topic's Starter

I updated to version : 1.47.651, the other week and since then i have not been able to use unrevoked to partially root. ive looked through a lot of posts, and i haven't really found a solution yet. then again im kinda new at this.

anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The old unRevoked method doesn't work for the latest OTA... Use unRevoked 3. I just rooted my friend's incredible using that and it was fast and easy. I recommend full root though...

3. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

4. tpdtopcop

tpdtopcop Well-Known Member

I have a quick question I am going to finally update to the 1.47 and was wondering if I should use unrevoked 3 or simple Root? What is the difference? I would like to keep the stock rom for now so all the functions of the phone work.

Thanks

topcop

5. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

ok so i rooted using Revoked v3 and as far as i know it worked. I do have the super user app installed, and also have the custom recovery installed. I can confirm that wireless tether is working but im having problems with Titanium Backup...it says that I do not have rooted privileges...what did I do wrong??

6. Csulton1

Csulton1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Tsipa, i used unrevoked3 and it worked very well. appreciate the quick response

7. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Unrevoked DOES NOT FULLY UNLOCK NAND.So if you which to be fully rooted and have full privileges I recomend u go ahead and do a Simple Root its just as easy as Unrevoked only difference is that ur phone will be fully unlocked including NAND.

8. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

You did nothing wrong... when you open Titanium Backup, there will be a "Problems?" button on the bottom of the screen. Tap it and it should display a prompt saying that it will install the latest busybox utility. Accept the install and it should work after the application restarts.

Nand has nothing to do with Titanium Backup and SU Perms.