unrEVOked Forever with JagerROM

Last Updated:

1. tranzue

tranzue Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know you're all sick of questions today, I'm sure...

But, I have a rooted Incredible using JagerROM 2.2, but NOT the updated radio, I still have the same radio as when I got it.

My question is, can I safely use unrEVOked Forever tool to update my radio, and have the missing features because my radio is not updated for JagerROM?

Or even, can I simply use this tool, update the radio, and just download a new ROM? I'm just worried for the fact I already am using JagerROM I guess.

I do have a Nandroid back-up from back when I didn't have a custom ROM.

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I would think that if it worked the same way it did for me you should be fine. I installed Franken rom 2.2, rebooted, put the radio flash on the SD card, installed quickboot, rebooted to recovery, and installed radio 2.15. It worked perfectly.

3. tranzue

So you had FrankenROM 2.2 already, then used the unrEVOked Forever tool?

4. cuban11182

No sir, I had stock rooted 2.1, then installed forever, then ROM, then radio, finally ocuv .32 kernal.

5. tranzue

Ohhh OK, I got ya.

I believe I may just revert back to my old Nandroid back-up, use the tool, update my radio, and put in a new ROM.

Thanks for the quick reply too.

I'm just worried, I don't have the insurance :rolleyes:

If I revert to the old Nandroid back-up, but do a Titanium Back-Up of the apps I have now, how will that work? Will I have all the apps I had at that time of the Nandroid, and then just have to do a Titanium?

I've only installed one ROM, so I'm pretty new at this

6. cuban11182

Neither do I.

On the Titanium issue, I didn't use it, and have read that there could be some issues installing the old applications. I just installed the program Uninstaller and typed on a txt file all the apps I had. Then I just installed each one from the market. I can tell you that Franken ROM was quick for that. I didn't slow down. Searched and installed, and kept going. ROM didn't slow down once.