• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked Forever

Wait. I'm running FrankenROM B2 and I'm rooted.

I can use the Forever tool RIGHT NOW to unlock NAND, without having to unroot or anything else?

Or do I risk bricking the phone?

I have the 2.X radio update already, too.

I have the same setup. Go ahead and

splashe.png

(This is the custom splash)

Upvote 0
Correct. it allows you to do whatever you want to the phone without being forced to downgrade radios/hboot/etc. No need to reroot after flashing radios. It unlocks everything so that you can run it like it was your own linux machine with full user access to everything.

I.E.
- Root explorer now works at moving and deleting files
- Flashing radio isn't as scary as long as you let the phone ask you what to do next (Flash Y/N? Reboot Y/N?) simples as that.
- No need to be in recovery to push files to the system directories. Just mount them in ADB (or Root Explorer) and you're set.

Upvote 0
so if we want to return to factory settings we have to turn S-ON.. and it's not possible (yet)... so if we have to get warranty work done we're screwed?

directly from the unrevoked FAQ
How can this be removed or undone if I need to take my phone in for service?
We have not yet developed a tool to reset the phone to S-ON. In the future, we may create one; in the interim, you should not rely on the existence of such a tool.

read the faq and the instructions twice... its all there

if it comes down to being that broken.. asurion covers loss... just say you lost it

Upvote 0
All these threads are getting me confused. Novice like myself when it comes to rooting are either asking the wrong question or just don't know what to ask and the experts explaining in some threads as "you should already know" from what i've been reading.

here's my question
my phone: EVO
running: the new OTA froyo update that updated those of us who did the pre-release of froyo

unrevoked: can I know root with unrevoked 3 "I understand that after rooting w/ unrecoved, I can then apply unrevoked for ever if I don't want to worry about getting it unrooted again correct?"

Also what is the radio all about? I see people drooling over it but no threads i've came across explain what it does so I can figure why everyone is so excited.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones