• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked FOREVER

I need a little help. I got my EVO to take the Unrevoked Forever and the update.zip has been applied. Now how do I do the OTA 2.2? When I try to apply the 2.2 OTA it errors out. Now that the Unrevoked Forever update.zip has been applied, do I just download and flash a stock 2.2 ROM?
download the 2.2 offical stock rom if thats what you want and flash it.
doing ota got me the same error
then reinstall superuser permissions you can find a file on xda and your done! untill you feel like hacking some more, which happens 5 min later

Reactions: nuprotocol
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How long do u think getting the exploit to root the 2.2 is gonna take? how long did it take last time... cuz im about to go to sprint and tell em my shit doesnt work very well with Froyo so i can get 2.1 and the root from there lol:D

I started researching how to root my phone right after the 1.47 OTA update. And I didn't realize at the time that had I ignored the update, I could have rooted quite easily. It gave me more time to read up on the process and figure out what rooting really was. I had to sift through lots of outdated material. Anything pre 1.47 was no longer relevant.

But I believe 1.47 was cracked pretty quickly. A lot of rooted users didn't know better and flashed the OTA update. Most of them learned the lesson and swore never to accept any updates from then on.

If you can get Sprint to roll you back, that'd be great. If not, you'll have to wait. I can't predict when 2.2 will be cracked. Personally, I'm betting before the end of this month.

Upvote 0
just curious: are you booted into recovery when you are trying to run simpleroot and/or unrevoked? If not, give that a try.
Oh yeah. Most definitely. Just like when I flashed fresh 2.2. I just tried simple root again and no dice. It does not seem to be able to push pm36img or the other two files to the card. When I manually add them to the card it doesn't see them or read them. I even put the files it can't seem to push to the card directly on the root of the card. That's the PC36img, flash_image, and mtd-eng.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones