Unrevoked Installation Aborted ....

Last Updated:

1. KSN

KSN New Member This Topic's Starter

Good day folks,

At the end of installation I get,

Verifying system type...
    E:unsupported radio version
    E:Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.
    E:Error in /data/local/unrevoked-forever.zip
    (Status 42)
    Installation aborted.

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/cacimg4727j

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My main reason to root my EVO is wifi tethering.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Man this is crazy! You are like the third person today having the same problem. I wonder what the deal is. Any ways its a simple fix! Download unrevoked forever from the unrevoked site and then flash it. Im not sure why the latest unrevoked is not properly flashing unrevoked forever.

so yea after you flash unrevoked forever, everything shall be good to go!

3. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

See the odd thing about this is I used the linux version of unrevoked 3.2? that I've had since I rerooted. It worked flawlessly on my device a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I used it and it didn't work on my brothers phone, but I didn't realize it at the time, terminal emulator returned a # prompt so I thought we were good inspite of the error message, it did say triumph. I still have to finish rooting his phone. I hope he doesn't have any issues from this since I won't see him again til next weekend.

Today I did it with a friends phone but I caught the problem when the root only apps weren't working. Super user was installed, so I thought it was working. Then quick boot just restarted in spite of selecting recovery. Adfree was having problems. My friend managed to unrevoke forever w/ minimal phone help but my brother wouldn't dare. He probably won't let me near his phone again.

4. KSN

KSN New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the help thus far. Truly greatly appreciated.

Before I attempted to run/install "unrevoked forever", I took another look at "super user permissions". Don't laugh, but I now realize that the blank screen meant that there were no programs using root permissions.

I downloaded and installed "wifi tether for root" (something like that). After running wifi tether, my wireless devices in the house saw "androidtether". Which means that the EVO is broadcasting wifi.

However, the speeds were ridiculously slow, .20 kpbs down, don't ask what the upload speeds were.

I figured I'd wait 'til I go out to work and try it under 4G (no 4G at home yet). So earlier today I was under 4G (2-3 bars). I chose "androidtether" on my laptop. The laptop connected to the EVO but again ridiculously slow speeds.

When I checked the EVO's 4G speed via the speedtest app I was getting 10-11mbps down and 5-6mbps up.

Could the speed issue be because the phone wasn't rooted correctly? Would that be a 'cause for the slow speeds.

Super user permissions seems to be working fine. Apps that need root permissions are asking me to allow and I do allow them. Once I allow them, they show up on the super user main screen (which I thought was broken 'cause it was blank, lol).

What do you guys/gals think I should do?

Thanks

5. mkanet

mkanet Member

Same thing happened to me on my EVO with the latest OTA update. I followed the instructions perfectly, but got the same error messages in the recovery console for the Unrevoked 3 automated program:

Verifying system type..
    E:unsupported radio version
    E: Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log
    E: error in data/local.unrevoked-forever.zip
    (Status 42)
    Installation aborted.
    /tem/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockwrkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue

I had to manually restart the phone from recovery mode. After rebooting I have the Superuser icon. However, under HBOOT, I have S-ON still on the top of the screen.

I am able to install app specifically made for ROOT access. They get added to the Superuser app list that shows all the apps that use ROOT access. I have no problems using the tethering app.

So, what's the problem? It's obvious that there's a bug in the latest Unrevoked 3 script. Who do I contact to fix this bug? This bug looks like it's reproducible; and, need a way to get it working all the way through.

Thanks,
    MKANET

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Do what everyone else has done and flash unrevoked forever from recovery to get s-off (full root). Right now, you have half-root, which gives you the ability to run root-only apps, and that's about it. The unrevoked team has yet to comment on the problem (from what I've heard), but everyone who's had the problem has fixed it by flashing unrevoked forever.

7. Silv3rM3

Silv3rM3 New Member

I have the same issue!!! How would one go about flashing unrevoked?

8. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

You're saying you ran unrevoked, but still have S-ON? Flash unrevoked forever from recovery. You can get it here:

public:forever [RootWiki]

9. boehme417

boehme417 New Member

I am so frustrated; I am about to throw my phone against the wall. I tried installing the unrevoked forever zip from recovery, and it does exactly what it says above. It gets aborted.

I have been trying for two days to unroot my phone, and everything keeps failing!

10. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

If you are trying to unroot your phone, you need to flash the unrevoked s-on tool from recovery after you place the correct PC36IMG.zip file on your sdcard(the one for your hboot version). Flash the S-on tool, then reboot to bootloader and it should find the PC36IMG file and return your phone to stock

Mind if I ask why you are unrooting your phone?

11. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member

How long did the verifying system type process take?

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

unrevoked does not take very long....maybe a few minutes or so. its been awhile since i used it. but this will only work with a certain hboot. you have to have a hboot of at least 2.10 or lower to run unrevoked.

tube517 likes this.