unrevoked no good?

Last Updated:

1. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe im missing something here but why do a lot of people say to not use unrevoked? I thought 3.21 will give you full root and nand? And if it does give full root and nand any rom or kernal could be flashed right? Anyways sorry if this has been asked but I cant find real clear answer.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

UnRevoked gave a lot of people problems originally. The 3.2x should be the real deal once fully released. It was taken down because of bugs. If you can wait for its final release, that will be the easiest way to full root. I had my evo replaced and used the downgrade then replaced unrevoked with simpleroot and have had no problems. I rooted my first evo manually, if you are feeling squirrley try to downgrade then root. If not just hang on a bit longer

wrapkgb likes this.
  3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Short and sweet... thanks for the clarification!

4. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

I've been running the pulled 3.2 for a few days now and no issues so far... (knock on wood)

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Actually you're not running 3.2. unrevoked is not something you install on your phone. It's just a utility that roots your phone. Aside from a few files it might have copied to your SD card, there's no trace of unrevoked's code on your phone. You can safely delete those files from your SD card as well.

Either it was successful in rooting your phone, or it wasn't. You you are running fine now, then you're all set.

6. javidnky2005

javidnky2005 New Member

Will the new one work on an Evo that has 2.2 on it that is stock from factory?

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Yes

8. WaynesNside

WaynesNside Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned just running the older 3.14? This is the one I have been using and it's worked fine and all rooted apps are working really good. Pretty sure it provides full root access or I'm missing something?????