unrevoked problem

Last Updated:

1. Lacktaters

Lacktaters Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the unrevoked package, moved the drivers onto the sd card, activated the reflash_package and my phone went about halfway through the process before stopping. It went through the white screen with the little green droids at the bottom and then the phone rebooted, but it never went through the last boot screen where it installs s-off. I disconnected my phone and everything works perfectly, but I have no superpermissions. Now when I hook my phone to the computer and run the reflash_package it hangs on "pushing hboot". I've tried it 5 times now and still nothing...any advice?

Advertisement
  2. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

The drivers are something you install on your computer. Did you do this?

Did you recently accept the new OTA update from Verizon? Several people have been unable to root using unrevoked since this update. The new OTA update appears to have broken the method that was being exploited by unrevoked to root your phone. You probably need to wait for an update to unrevoked and/or a new exploit to be developed.

Lacktaters likes this.
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

You don't put the drivers on your sd card... you install them on your computer unless you are using a Mac, then you don't have to worry about the drivers at all. Either you mistyped on here or you need to read the instructions again.

If you do get it successfully rooted and you recently purchased your incredible you will not be able to boot into recovery without loading the custom recovery provided by adrynalyne, so don't freak out if all you see is a black screen with white bars.

Lacktaters likes this.
  4. Lacktaters

Yeah...mistyped. I copied the driver filename into the device manager under the phone. When I run the reflash, it goes through the hboot and then reboots the phone and then nothing. It just stops before it loads the s-off. I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing wrong.

5. sdrawkcab25

Does your device manager say android composite device without any yellow exclamation point when the phone is plugged in? Did you apply the latest ota already?
    S-off is the last step, if it was failing on s-off, your phone would be rooted but no s-off.. It's sounds like it's failing on loading clockwork.

6. Lacktaters

When I plug my phone in, it does read android composite device with no yellow exlamation point. I think you are right about it failing to load clockwork. I did receive the latest ota update on Friday morning. If the update is the problem, will unrevoked likely find a fix soon?

7. sdrawkcab25

from what i've read so far, it seems as though the latest OTA fixed whatever method was being used to obtain root, looks like people are having trouble downgrading to the original froyo too, so not sure what your options are right now.

8. pdykstra

The unrevoked method has been broken since the November OTA update. I'm sure the unrevoked developers are looking at it, but at this point I haven't heard anything about a fix for this.

9. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Is there any other way to root right now since the recent OTA? If not, no worries I can wait till someone has a new way of rooting the phone.

Cheers.

10. pdykstra

To the best of my knowledge, there is no current working method to root an HTC incredible at this time with the new OTA update.