unrEVOked question

Last Updated:

1. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After I run unrEVOked 3.2 and become rooted am I done? I want to stay with the stock ROM, but I want to delete the bloatware and install the root only apps. That's all I want to do.

And just to be clear, everything will work since I'm on the stock ROM right?

Advertisement
  2. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

I do not believe the new unrevoked actually flashed a rooted ROM. While your phone is rooted and you have the ability to now flash new Roms, I think the stock Rom stays on there so you would need to flash the rooted version of the ROM.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

3. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

It doesn't flash a rom. It gives full root and you're free to flash whatever custom roms you want. You also have full access to delete the sprint crap as well. Just be careful with what you remove.

4. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member

Download Titanium Backup from the market and then you can use the Backup button at the top to delete the junk you don't want.

5. WaynesNside

WaynesNside Well-Known Member

Check out the rooted stock ROM in my sig, I have the link to it. All my rooted apps work real nice and I have had no problems at all.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I dont see your sig at all....wierd

7. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

8. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As I understand it, after running unrEVOked 3.21 I will be rooted. Then I can go to the marketplace and download a ROM manager and install a custom ROM? Is that all I need to do?

9. netminder1976

netminder1976 Member

Thats what I did last night for my first root ever and I found it very easy. I used Rom manager and installed baked snack 1.7 and I love it!

10. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member

i would advise against the delete statement as i did that and developed issues which i think are unresolvable. instead of delete or uninstall i would use the freeze option. seems a safer choice to go in the beginning

11. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Well you probably deleted apks that were required for the system to function properly. Here is a list of apps that are safe to remove: [WIP -9/13/10] /system/app APK's - Safe to remove list and functions - xda-developers. There are other lists but I think this one is the most comprehensive.

hellcatt - you can always restore the apks through Titanium backup and if that doesn't work, reflashing the ROM will definitely resolve your issues... I don't even think a wipe would be required.

12. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member

yea my problems have long surpassed what i deleted. that parts all fixed, i got other issues to fix now

13. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

Does anyone know if your already rooted with Unrevoked 3, Android 2.1, can you apply the OTA update (Froyo), without bricking your phone, lose root, then apply Unrevoked 3.21 to the phone with no issues? Can't find the answer to this..

14. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Absolutely not, you need to first flash back to the stock recovery in order to accept an OTA.