• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked S-ON, then stock recovery?

ACD168

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2010
Ok, so I have gone back to stock radio, stock recovery, HBOOT .79(Does anyone know if I will for sure get the OTA with this HBOOT, or do I need .77 somehow?) and S-OFF. Awaiting the OTA2.2

I have had problems un-rooting to get to this point, so in the process, I was testing out S-ON and getting to the stock recovery in case I had to return the phone. S-ON worked great, but then I went to get a stock recovery using the PB..IMG provided for the HTC Incredible Downgrade for un-rooting, and it said, Main version is older, and wouldn't take, the only way I could get it to take was with S-OFF, which is were I currently am.

Now, how would I be able to get it to take to get to stock recovery and S-ON, I never tried the file of JUST the stock recovery provided by Adrynalyne, to see if it would take. Does anyone have experience with this or know if this would work, OR would the main version error be from something different, perhaps I need HBOOT.77 or something, I have no idea, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones