Unrevoked? Tethering? Deleting stock apps? I have many questions!

Last Updated:

1. patrick.s

patrick.s Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just rooted my phone and am now a little confused. First, what is the Unrevoked reflash for? I though it was a custom ROM, but it seems to be something to back up your phone?

Is the wifi-tethering that installed with the root free, or does it still add that extra $30/month Verizon has on their stock-tether?

Is it possible to underclock the Incredible? My phone never has speed problems, but the battery never lasts the day. It'd be nice to have some trade-off.

Lastly, how do I get a custom ROM onto my phone? Are there any stable ones available yet? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but looking at posts here was just making me more confused :p Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. gabetron

gabetron Member

The new unrevoked tool is for flashing ROM's on your rooted phone.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

1st: the unrevoked flash tool helps you get back into recovery easy and unlock the system to be edited

2nd: wifi tether is free and you do not have to pay verizon as long as u dont go over 5gb a month of data usage you should be fine

3rd: once the kernels are finished being ironed out over at XDA you can flash those and underclock your phone

4th:no clue i am to new at android but u can find some here
    Roms | Incredible ROMS

EnvyOnTheCoast likes this.
  4. jpvonhemel

jpvonhemel Member

Get an OEM HTC battery off of ebay from bidallies. the RHOD160 is a 1500mah battery that fits the incredible fine and gives me about 2 hours more battery a day. Big difference for 15 dollars shipped. Search the forums for bidallies for reviews. No crap batteries, just oem.

EnvyOnTheCoast likes this.
  5. EnvyOnTheCoast

EnvyOnTheCoast Member

Apparently, Android Central's battery they have on their online store is a beast and is exactly what you (me, everyone) is looking for to increase the battery life. They're $50 but seem to be worth it from the handful of reviews I've seen.

I'm picking up one of these bad boys once I have some extra money (I'm a college student) to blow and do a little more research to make sure they're as good as what they appear to be.

6. jpvonhemel

jpvonhemel Member

There is a controversy on that battery. Search the forums. They will show that the HTC battery I purchased on Ebay performs as well as the Seidio 1750mah for 35 dollars less.