unrevoked

Last Updated:

1. toddbe

toddbe Member This Topic's Starter

I have installed unrevoked 3 and am not sure what to do next. I use to have an iPhone, and was familiar with that.

My question is how do I uninstall the bloatware. What are my options now?

THANKS!
    Todd

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

U can flash a custom ROM or you can use TB to remove it,freeze it which ever way u wanna do it.

3. eyeballer

eyeballer Well-Known Member

In case you didn't know TB = Titanium Backup - pro version is well worth the few bucks if you are going to root.

4. AndroidJim

AndroidJim Well-Known Member

also try Root Explorer...be careful what you erase tho. Some items such as friendstream that don't seen to be a big deal are actually deeply embedded in the system and can cause come havoc...assuming you want to stick with the stock rom that is...

5. toddbe

toddbe Member This Topic's Starter

This sounds like a great idea to remove bloatware. Is there a list of what programs are safe to remove?

6. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

There is a "List" floating around here and at XDA of safely removable bloatware and apps, but you might consider an alternative. Some (most) of the popular ROMs have had much of the bloatware removed already. Fresh 3.3.0.1. comes to mind. Be very careful removing apps; what's safe to remove running one set up may not be safely removed running another. FriendStream is an example.

7. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Hit my signature up its all you need to know about root. Bloatware,roms. Unrooting. The works.