Unrevoked3 and Unrevoked forever question

Last Updated:

1. Davis83

Davis83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my phone with the Unrevoked 3 would still have to get Unrevoked forever if i wanna make my phone a hotspot or tether? Is there a diffferent between 3 and forever. Sorry guys i know i'm a noob.

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

2 gives you root. Forever ensures that any updates pushed to the phone can not lock you out of getting root in the future.

3. Davis83

Oh, should I have gotten Forever instead? Can I go ahead and do forever after i rooted with Unrevoked3?

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I rooted before Unrevoked3 came out and had to use Unrevoked2 + Unrevoked forever but I thought the new one did root + s=off. Am I wrong?

5. Davis83

If the Unrevoked3 has root and s=off theres no point in getting forever right?

6. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

If you used the new Unrevoked tool (3.21) then that includes both unrevoked and unrevoked forever (meaning it will root and give you S-OFF all at the same time).

So no, you shouldn't have to do anything further.

To make sure, reboot your phone into HBOOT (power down the phone, then hold down the volume down key while pressing the power button). At the top of the HBOOT screen it will say S-OFF or S-ON.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I just went to unrevoked.com and looked again. according to the information there:

"unrevoked3 will permanently unlock NAND write protection by default on the following phones:

Sprint EVO 4G
    Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
    HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)"

So, right.

P.S. I would recommend you go there and look though because there are specific HBOOT drivers they want installed.

8. Davis83

Alright just checked out the Hboot for the S-Off and it was there. Thanks for the help everyone. I love this site everyone is so quick and helpful here.

9. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Does it also flash a new recovery? I don't see that in the instructions and they even mention having to install the recovery. Maybe they just didn't update the instructions.

SORT OF A NEVER MIND: I see you are talking about Unrevoked 3.21 not just Unrevoked forever so I know the answer. I was just thinking S-OFF backwards.

10. teacha6141

teacha6141 Member

really don't think you need to install unrevoked forever..it is mostly to add the s-off on feature..once you set this to off, im told, there is no app to turn back on yet..

11. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

there is now an s-on tool... but if you think verizon is going to check hboot to see if it says s-on your being a little too paranoid...