Unrevoked3 - Having trouble rooting

Last Updated:

1. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched for hours for this, so I apologize if it's answered elsewhere, I simply can not find a solution that works.

When I start up Unrevoked for the Incredible, it says to plug my phone in. I do that, making sure it says debug mode is enabled in the drop-down pane. But the unrevoked screen doesn't change!

I've tried:
    - mounting as disk drive
    - "charge only"
    - one Windows XP PC and one Windows 7 PC
    - removed PdaNet and tried those options again

Nothing gets me past that screen. I tried looking for an HTC Sync app to uninstall, or setting to disable (since it says "make sure it is NOT installed"), but I wasn't able to find anything.

Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

+1 you need the drivers

4. Bing

I thought the newest Unrevoked did all that for you, but now that I know better I followed the instructions given, thank you.

That said, when I booted up my phone like normal, under device manager I see the following:

[​IMG]

"ADB"... is that right? according the the instructions I should be seeing:

[​IMG]

I WAS seeing the second image while I was in HBOOT mode, but when I started it up normally it gave me that ADB message, and when I try to run Unrevoked it still says "Waiting fro device".

Any tips?

5. Bing

I take it no one knows?

6. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

I experienced the same thing after loading the HBOOT drivers. I re-booted my phone, mounted as charger, w/USB debugging on. When I plugged it back in via usb, I kept getting the "new device" message, "do you want to d/l driver". While the phone was plugged in NOT in recover mode I loaded the driver again. Once I did this, Unrevoked recognized my device and I was Rooted in about 5 minutes.

Bing likes this.