Root unRevooked One Click Root Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DanPonjican, Sep 21, 2010.

1. I am not clear on what happens with the unrevoked one click root. Is it putting a new ROM on my phones as well as rooting all in one click? Will I loose all my apps and data on my phone?

I just want to root. I don't want a new rom and more specifically I don't want to reinstall all my apps and restore all my data.

Advertisement

2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    NoVa
    When you root you are simply gaining admin rights on the phone. Using unrevoked won't install anything new other than the tools needed for root. That said, shit happens, so make a good backup before you do anything.

3. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just rooted mine last night, unrevoked will do exactly what you are looking for. The only thing that will be different is the superuser permission app will show up in the app menu. It will be blank until you allow superuser permission to an app. You will not lose any apps either.

4. Awesome... thanks guys. I just rooted successfully!

One more question. Now that I am rooted, can anyone give me a link to instructions on how to get wifi tethering working?

5. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    NoVa
  6. What about the 3G Mobile Hotspot app that came automatically with the 2.2 OTA update? Would that work now that I am rooted?

7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It works, yes. It also costs you $20 a month. So I wouldn't ;)