• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unroot any Android device

Simply click on the Unroot button and the app will take care of the rest. After the process is finished the device will be rebooted automatically. This process is PERMANENT - cannot be undone.
Know your device: This app displays some information about your device such as: Kernel, CPU, Brand, Model, Board, SDK version and hardware
More Free Apps
Note:
1- This app is for ROOTED devices please make sure you have any superuser app installed as a system app in order to grant access.
2- Tested on MTK6575, MTK6582 Rooted Devices.
compatible with all other devices

Hmm... i'd be skeptical about any program that claims to do this on ANY and all devices. Especially when there isn't any information about what its doing, and how its doing it.
You are right, what I meant by (any and all) is all kinds such as Phones, Tablets, TV and Watch. We've spent more than two months of testing to reach a good result. The procedure is not a secret, it varies from device to device.

Upvote 0
great... as it isn't secret, can you like to where you're explaining your methodology?

Two months is also a very short time to cover ALL the devices out there, is there anywhere we can see the test results (apart from the unhappy ones in the play store where people are upset about bricked devices)
great... as it isn't secret, can you like to where you're explaining your methodology?

Two months is also a very short time to cover ALL the devices out there, is there anywhere we can see the test results (apart from the unhappy ones in the play store where people are upset about bricked devices)

We are a team of 4 developers, most of the users who download this app know nothing about rooting or stock ROM ...
I will compile the procedure and publish it here in the near future, I may get some help and suggestions from developers or may be from you.

Upvote 0
What devices have you tested on? The screenshot shows a device running 4.0.3 which is over 4 years old at the moment. Root/unroot methods have moved on a lot since then.

We are a team of 4 developers, most of the users who download this app know nothing about rooting or stock ROM ...

If they've managed to root their devices, they must know a little bit about it ;)

I will compile the procedure and publish it here in the near future, I may get some help and suggestions from developers or may be from you.

I think you need to add some additional instructions or caveats to the app itself, there are too many 1 Star reviews for the issues to solely user based and not an issue with the app itself. Until that's been done, I would urge anyone who attempts to use this app do so with extreme caution and make sure they have a method of returning to stock should this render their device unusable.

I've amended the thread title based on user reviews as unrooting via this app doesn't seem like a safe method at all...

Upvote 0
What devices have you tested on? The screenshot shows a device running 4.0.3 which is over 4 years old at the moment. Root/unroot methods have moved on a lot since then.

If they've managed to root their devices, they must know a little bit about it ;)

I think you need to add some additional instructions or caveats to the app itself, there are too many 1 Star reviews for the issues to solely user based and not an issue with the app itself. Until that's been done, I would urge anyone who attempts to use this app do so with extreme caution and make sure they have a method of returning to stock should this render their device unusable.

I've amended the thread title based on user reviews as unrooting via this app doesn't seem like a safe method at all...
Thank you all, the screenshots are for old devices but tested on few mtk and non-mtk devices (5) with android 5 and 6.
This app will be rewritten and the procedure to unroot will be posted here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones