Unroot back to 1.5

Last Updated:

1. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am curious as to how to do this. My main reason for trying this is to gain some more knowledge and be able to jump back and forth if I wanted. I may end up selling the phone and would like to know how. I searched but did not find anything that tells exactly how to do it. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

3. F150FAN

I just read right over that. Thanks. I thought when I glanced over it that it went back to 1.5 but still had the root intact. I just wanted to go back to 1.5 completely stock with no root. Thanks for the reply. If I am wrong about this please let me know.

4. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Just curious, why do you want to go back to no root?

5. F150FAN

I got the Eris mainly to play with Android with Sense and I really liked what it could do after rooting but I think that I am going to stick with my Droid for now. I really like the form factor better with the Eris but I am going to go back to my Droid. Anyways, when I follow those instructions it does not work like it is supposed to. When I hold down the send and end keys, then press vol down and then vol up, it wants me to start an update. Is this where I need to be? Do I run the update? What update is it?

6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Make sure you arte reading the directions VERY carefully, and following EVERY step.

These are questions that should really be asked in the other thread now that you're into the process.:)

That said...

In step 2- Instead or powering up with both "send" and "end" keys, just hold the "power up" button, and press the red power (end) button (while still holding the volume up button). It should boot to the recovery screen.
    Then follow the rest of the directions:
    Thanks again to the Devs!