• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Unroot Factory Reset VRUAME7 Verizon S4 Odin Failed. Stuck on Yellow Exclamation!

Dreamliner

Android Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2009
I rooted on VRUAME7 I am now trying to do a reset/restore. When I did a factory reset in the system, it rebooted and is now stuck on a yellow exclamation mark and says:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recover mode in Kies & try again."

I downloaded the Stock Restore and followed a guide to restore using Odin.

Odin Failed and says:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/005> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/005> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Phone says:
Start [224,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL: FOUND: 3, Binary: 1

Questions:

1.)How to I charge it (connecting to charger after battery pull immediately starts the phone and pulls up the Yellow Exclamation.)?

2.)How do I unroot and restore this back to factory?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
FIXED!
I flashed this ME7 image via Odin found on this thread.

Thanks!

I am having the same exact issue as the original poster. I have tried many things including what he said fixed his. I downloaded Odin and it came with 6 folders with an executable inside each one. They are v1.83, v1.85, v3.04, v3.06, v3.07 and c3.09. When running v3.09 it will reference a com port but does not change colors like I have read it should. When running v1.83 it turns yellow. But either way the result is the same.

I have rooted my Note 2 and my old Thuderbolt and they were simple... this is making me nervous that I have bricked my wife's phone.

Verizon Galaxy S4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones