UnRoot - Fastboot Error - Remote: Not Allowed

1. So after being dumb and installing the 2.1 leak I finally got root! Yay! But now of course my trackball is acting up really badly and I want to unroot to try to get it swapped out at Verizon. I've followed jcase's instructions successfully up to the fastboot command section. I'm getting and error "Failed (remote: not allowed)". Obviously I am in fastboot mode on my phone. Phone's screen shows

PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.49.0000 (pb0010000)
    MICROP-0111
    TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17
    RADIO-2.32.40.11.09
    Feb 8 2010,00:08:56

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL DOWN> HBoot Mode

I am still able to access Anon's Recovery

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

With a S-ON bootloader (1.49.0000), you can not write anything to the phone with fastboot. That's the bad news - the good news is you didn't do something wrong! :)

There are several alternatives to you for returning to "factory", the easiest of which is to flash the Leak-V3 ROM using the PB00IMG.ZIP method.

There is an example of this process with copious screenshots given in the sticky thread http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/75384-visual-example-pb00img-zip-update-method.html

You can also try running the RUU Utility for the "Official" (MR3?) 2.1 release.

Please post back here with your results.

eu1
    agtwonderbread likes this.
  3. Thanks erisuser1, just flashed PB00IMG.ZIP without any problems. Off to the Verizon store I go.
  4. Just another update. Back from the store with a freshly refurbed Eris :) Guy was really nice, even bullshitted a little about rooting his own phone (never mentioned I had rooted mine but it seemed to be an understood thing by the way we were talking) Luckily despite it being an EOL device they have the refurbs right there in the store. Swapped it out in 10 minutes.
  5. sentinelace

sentinelace Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I had the same problem flashing with this method now
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator