1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Unroot ZTE sequent

1. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to Unroot or device?

Advertisement
  2. junkie2100

junkie2100 ROM Developer

umm, yes you can... lol. you can unroot any device, rooting, installs busybox and the associated tools into xbin im pretty sure, puts a file called su in the sbin folder if im not mistaken though it could be xbin or even bin. and installs a program into system/app called superuser.apk or supersu.apk or something along those lines. if you remove those three things its completely unrooted and as it was at stock, also if you can get the update tool to run that will unroot it as well because it flashes the stock copy of android direct from zte which comes without root in it. and technically if you just want to disable root functionality for apps, and hide it from the naked eye, you can just uninstall the superuser app, then you cant enable it so no apps can use it, there will be no more popups asking for permission, and there will be no icon on the app menu for it, at that point su can only be activated through a command line and even then im not sure if it will function properly, also if you delete the su file that removes all ability to use root permissions, even with the superuser program still installed it will just error when it tries to give permission. and busybox, well busybox means little to nothing without those things, and it can be difficult to remove, so i wouldnt recommend trying to manually go through and delete the hundreds of symlinks it creates, but if you want to, you are more than welcome to. just keep in mind to delete those things you need root, so once you start there is no stopping till youre done unless you want to re root it and start over
  3. Smoovefan1104

Smoovefan1104 Well-Known Member

i was using the update tool and it says im updated but on my warp sequent i get an ota update. unless i need a specific update tool then i dont know
  4. junkie2100

junkie2100 ROM Developer

the zte online update tool, which i have never been able to use in the first place so i cant say anything about for certain, will tell you that you are updated if you are running b09 or at least a specific portion of it, but the tool was said to have a function to let you update anyway, like i said i cannot verify, but if you cant use the update tool, as i said it can be removed manually though i dont understand why anyone would ever want to unroot their phone unless they had to return it to the company for warranty service. install a root browser, delete the things i told you about yourself, and root will be gone, or you could just go into the superuser program and disable it instead of going through all the trouble of trying to remove it. because it is a good thing to have, if you know how to use it properly
  5. junkie2100

junkie2100 ROM Developer

6. Seth Todd

Seth Todd New Member

The simple ways to unroot your phone is just login to manufactures websites and you'll find a software upgrade tool. Just download this software tool and upgrade it on your phone and your phone will be unrooted.
  7. junkie2100

junkie2100 ROM Developer

well, that would be simple, if it worked on a phone thats already upgraded, if you are running b09 and you try to upgrade it will just tell you no upgrade is available and not do anything. hence why i sought out an unrooting script. i wouldnt have gone to the trouble if there was an easier way believe me lol. but we now have what seems to be a good safe method of unrooting, it has been tested and shown to disable the ability to use root function even on a basic level, i havent tested its removal of the busybox symlinks yet but i know it removes everything that actually enables root permissions and busybox itself so they would be rendered completely useless