1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Unroot?

1. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

I love this rom, but I have a app that checks for root that I need to run. Is there a way to remove root?

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Yes there are ways to remove root but not keep your ROM. I would say ditch the app and look for alternatives.
  3. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

Not really a options its more of a I need to run this app or go back to the OTA, so do you have any details around removing root?
  4. anicotra

anicotra Well-Known Member

What app is it, if I may ask?
  5. beef5stew

beef5stew New Member

I think I can probably venture a guess. My company, and several others in my industry have started using the "Good" app to make Iphones and Androids act like blackberries. Providing access on the devices to corporate email, contacts, and calendar. Since this information is confidential, the application is being set to check for Jailbroken Iphones or Rooted Androids. If the device is rooted, the application locks the account.

To be honest, I have no idea how the application looks for "rooted" devices. If I could figure that one out, I would try to fix that.

I had my account locked out of my company, but would rather have a rooted device than the convience of email/calendar. So now I carry around an incredible and a blackeberry.
  6. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

It's terribly ironic that they call that kind of software "Good."

To me, it's proof of why RIM is losing market share.