Unrooted Hero!

Last Updated:

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am curious to know, What apps are you using to keep your Hero fast? Do you stay away from downloading a lot of apps to keep it running smooth? My goal is to get my Hero to Run as smooth as possible without ROOTING. It's a shame but I only have 13 apps downloaded. I figured less apps, better performance. With all the Cache cleard on my phone. I have Phone free space at 69%(110mb) - SD card free space at 83% (12710mb)

My phone runs ok, It's not slow but I think it should be faster, being tho I dont have any apps really. I use Estrong Task Manager to help out. the widget is great. I also have spare parts, I have the settings on fast already. I would like to hear what the rest of you are doing to keep your Hero at an acceptable speed.

Advertisement
  2. dhero

dhero Well-Known Member

I'm in WiFi mode most of the time, and I'm not a heavy user, but what seems to work for me is that whenever things slow down at all, I just run Advanced Task Killer and I'm good to go (maybe every week or two). And then every month or two I clear my cache ...

correction: and I have 59 apps installed, but over 100 listed in the Managed Applications list ...

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

My Hero is unrooted and pretty fast IMO. I try to keep the apps to a minimum too, but the number is starting to creep up. Right now I have 100Mb of internal memory free. I used a task killer for a week or 2 untill I started reading about how bad they are for your phone, I haven't used one in the last 3 weeks and it's done fine with out. I also clear my caches every 2-3 days, especially the browser since it fills up so fast.

4. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

My Hero is unrooted as well, and I have about 60 apps installed. My Hero runs VERY smooth, and havent cleared my cache for a while, about 2 months.

5. t1jordan

Do you use a lot of widgets?

6. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

I use the following:

Calender - HTC
    Contacts (Large) - HTC
    Beautiful Widget (Home)
    Toggle Switch Widgets
    EStrong's Widget
    EasyMoney widget
    MobileBuzz Widget
    Pandora
    MixZing Widget (Media alternative)

7. t1jordan

I noticed that when I remove most of my widgets, my phone runs much better!!!!!!!!!!!! And Im using Estrongs Task Manager. I suggest not to run this app in the backround either. Kill it with everything else.

Im only using 3 screens now instead of all 7.

Widgets:
    1. HTC CALENDAR
    2. HTC CLOCK WITH WEATHER
    3. HTC MUSIC PLAYER

I get better performance this way.

8. treyrey86

treyrey86 New Member

What i have done is disable Peep twitter client. Go into the app and logout and then to Settings>Applications>Peep>then clear cache and force stop. Then stop using that app and dont use the HTC Twitter widget. This greatly improved my perfromance.

t1jordan likes this.