unrooted, installed stock rom, stuck at dg27

Last Updated:

1. rastoma

rastoma Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 17, 2010
    Excuse me for still being a newbie, but DG27 is not the latest version right?

I had rooted my Epic 4g. Then I wanted to go back to stock so I found the instructions here to load the stock rom and everything is great now (except for the layar app still not working).

I tried to update the phone but it says it's up to date.

2. cyberdog433

cyberdog433 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Had the same problem. Fixed it by re-rooting and flashing separately the DI07 radio update, followed by the DI18 versions of the radio, o/s and kernel in that order. (Do NOT flash a DI18 kernel first, it can cause problems updating the o/s). For some reason the combined file would fail to fully install and my phone seemed to want an incremental update from to DI07 radio first. You can find the stock files in .zip format for clockwork on XDA-Developers. DI18 is the latest official release at this time and helps maintain the 3G connection.....I was getting several connection errors during the day and even over night, hasn't done it since the DI18 update.

Oddly, even with the overlocked/undervolt kernel, PRL and PRI updates function fine. Some phones just don't seem to want to update off of DG27.