Unrooted My Droid but SuperUser and ROM Manager Won't Delete

Last Updated:

1. hammersforteeth

hammersforteeth Member This Topic's Starter

I searched on how to completely remove both of these and one method was using Terminal Emulate. When i tried this method and typed in su to start the process it would say "permission denied".

Do i have to reroot my phone again in order to get rid of these two apps?

I'm doing this in order to take my phone to verizon. Do you guys think its necessary to make it perfectly clean of any "rooted" things? It is now unrooted it just has those two icons!! so frustrating:mad:. Thanks.

read somewhere else that if these icons are still there that i am still rooted...is this true?

also I do not care if i lose everything... I just want my phone restored to factory settings so i can take it in to verizon..

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just flash stock 2.2 using rsdlite?
    When I sent my phone to verizon, I gave it to them with 2.0.1 installed. lol

3. hammersforteeth

hammersforteeth Member This Topic's Starter

thanks man forgot all about rsdlite... been a while. cheers.

anyway got it back to stock.... maybe theyll give me the droid 2 if theyre out haha.

4. SDraconis

SDraconis Member

Typing "su" effectively runs SuperUser, so you need to be rooted to type that. I agree with Thornfullessrose, though, that simply flashing back to stock is probably the best bet.

5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Oooooooh sorry mate. I assumed you were returning your phone for replacment. Verizon usually doesn't notice or don't care if your rooted. Since you just have those two apps on your phone, they won't care about the apps. As long as your os is stock they will help you.

6. yournamepenor

yournamepenor Well-Known Member

did u wipe thats what i do when this happens