Unrooted. Running FlyX. Not able to root again. Help?

Last Updated:

1. akkkmed

akkkmed Guest This Topic's Starter

Help, please. :confused::mad:

1. I was rooted, but somehow became unrooted. I am currently running 2.2 with the FlyX ROM/theme/whatever-it's-called. I have no idea how this is possible since I'm unrooted, but it's there.
    2. Every time I turn on my phone, it gets stuck at the Motorola logo. I then have to pull the battery and turn it back on. Then it boots normally. This happens every single time I boot.
    3. I tried rooting again with every method possible. Even when everything says it worked, my phone is still not rooted. I have tried everything at least 10 times. Same results. Half the time is says it worked. The other half it failed. Yet I'm never rooted.
    4. All I want is to be running 2.2 and be rooted. Do you have any ideas why this isn't working? I am led to believe all of these issues are tied together. I don't have a problem just "starting from the beginning", but I have no idea HOW to make it possible.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. wheelna

wheelna Well-Known Member

3. akkkmed

4. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

Only if you upgraded to 2.2 through the Official Motorola upgrade and not the leaked version.

5. akkkmed

In RSD, it says "FAIL: Internal error while programming phone"
    Whhaaatttt?

6. wheelna

7. akkkmed

8. wheelna

What does your bootloader screen say?

9. akkkmed

Bootloader

Battery OK
    OK to program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

10. akkkmed

Also, I just tried doing the SBF method in Mac. Terminal tells me it can't execute the file.

11. wheelna

I've only done it in Windows, sorry. Everytime I've used it, its worked without a hitch.

12. akkkmed

Alright, RSD worked on a different Windows machine!!!

Should I root 2.1 first or should I upgrade to 2.2 then root?
    Thank you! Just a few more steps needed!!!!!!

13. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

The one click root method on xda for the Droid 2 works fine on the 2.2 OTA for the X.

14. akkkmed

I rooted 2.1 before I read your post.

What 2.2 file should I use to update and maintain root? I want the latest 2.3.15.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. akkkmed

Using the deodexed 2.3.15 file, I installed it using Bootstrapper.
    Followed the steps and it finished. It's been booting (stuck on the Motorola logo) for 2-3 minutes. Is this correct or is something wrong again?

Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!!

16. akkkmed

17. charlesbeebe

charlesbeebe Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat you were/are in. I updated to the tranquility 2.2.3.9 and lost root. Now when I try and do the easier 1-2-3 root from XDA I get a failed to copy su error. Highly annoying and it looks like I and going to have to follow what you did. Does anyone have any better suggestions before I flash back? Anything helps, thanks

18. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

you can always try my path :)

(Rooted) 2.1-> 2.2 Stock Verizon Image from Rom Manager (this will be a 2.3.9 release with root). Then from there you can install 2.3.15 Tranquility Nandroid (Has Root and Market Fix) using the Advanced System Restore Method, or you can install the ROM the slightly harder way from the TBH zip (not sure if this has root or not, but I think it does). I recommend doing a data wipe and cleaning cache between upgrades.

I beleive Rooted 2.1 (use universal androot)-> Stock Verizon 2.2 in Rom Manager (maintains root) -> (2.2)2.3.15 Tranquility Nandroid using the Advanced System Restore Method is probably the easiest. I'm not sure that there a point in doing the advanced system restore though, vs typical install if your going to wipe the data and cache anyways but thats what worked for me (I had 2.3.13 in between but you should be able to skip that)!