!? Unrooted Siyah 5.0.1 Flash, Although New Recovery Mode

1. Lenard The Pig

Lenard The Pig Active Member

I upgraded to 4.0.4 today ( *#1234# 19100xwlpt 19100xxlq6 19100xeulpa ) on my Galaxy S2, I then used Odin in Download mode with Siyah 5.0.1 to root but it didn't appear to root it ( Checked with Root checker basic, which also reports System appears to be running slow ) . Although wen using recover mode thats there, so i reflashed and still no luck. Where to go now ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

3. Lenard The Pig

Thanks for a quick answer, Thats what i followed :) . I received a Pass in Odin and phone works, but no Root.
  4. Shotgun84

Did the superuser app get installed? If not download that or supersu from the play store.
    Lenard The Pig likes this.
  5. Lenard The Pig

LOL, Such a simple answer, Thanks. I've read neat rom is recommended, also would A wipe install make phone quicker, rather like installing on a new hardisk.
  6. Shotgun84

No problem:)

I don't have my s2 anymore so I haven't tried the s2 version of neatrom but from what I've read I don't think you can go wrong with it. I always wipe before flashing roms as it is possible system files can get left behind which can interfere and cause problems. As long as you have everything backed up it isn't too much problem having to wipe though.
  7. Lenard The Pig

And finally, Im correct in thinking require the Leaked Rom for the XXLSJ firmware. Ive just stumbled across a post about 4.0.4 has a hardbrick bug and my chip is a candidate, any tips or does Siyah 5.0.1 have a fix?
  8. Shotgun84

Yeah you want the the LSJ version.
    The brick bug only comes into play with certain kernels when performing a wipe with cwm. Siyah isn't affected by this so you're safe.