unrooting and flashing new rom

Last Updated:

1. webstar

webstar Member This Topic's Starter

So, basically, i got my galaxy s today... quickly tried some stuff, and i pretty much like it so far. But i do have some questions about unrooting and flashing.
    1. Its currently branded and its eclair 2.1, should i flash an official generic froyo, or some custom rom like doc froyo 7.6.2?
    2. If i were to root my phone, would i need to unroot it before flashing new rom? If so how would i do it (is factory reset enough or not)?
    3. Which lagfix should i use after updating to froyo, that would be pretty easy to use and not cause data corruption or something like that?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You don't need to unroot to flash new ROMs. The only thing to remember is to remove any lagfix.

Might as well flash to a custom one. They come along with lagfix preinstalled, so you don't need to worry about that. :D I think Doc uses Universal Lagfix.

3. webstar

Already did it, no problems at all. I was running BGJM1 which was branded, and currently I'm on XXJPA + voodoo 5 pre6.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Good. Now just remember that you have to remove voodoo lagfix the next time you want to flash again. Just create a folder in your voodoo folder named "disable lagfix" and restart your phone. Don't plug it in though, in my experience it messes things up.

5. webstar

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.