Unrooting and keep changes

Last Updated:

1. SamsungPathos

SamsungPathos New Member This Topic's Starter

So from what i gather the unrooting changes the stock firmware or w/e and allows superuser permissions.

My question is if i root my phone to remove the AT&T bloatware installed and then unroot my phone, do i get to keep the changes? And do i run the risk of bricking my phone or have it red-flagged if or rather when in the future AT&T/Samsung updates come with froyo and all the other good stuff?

Sorry if this has been asked, i did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Advertisement
  2. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

It doesn't change any firmware. It just adds an app that gives you the option for root/superuser access to the phone. It can be easily removed. I swapped out my release day phone today after unrooting with no problems. When I removed the AT&T bloatware I made sure to rename the app files. I renamed them back today before returning the phone.

SamsungPathos likes this.
  3. SamsungPathos

SamsungPathos New Member This Topic's Starter

Oh okay, i must have misunderstood or misread.

Just for clarification then, will my phone be able to accept AT&T/Samsung updates even if it's rooted?

4. c2k

c2k Well-Known Member

From what Ive read, you can accept OTA updates, but it will unroot your phone. So you will have to wait for someone to re-root the phone to use all of the features/programs of rooting. Generally it seems that once the update is released, devs will extract that and make it available in a form that wont unroot your phone.

5. sgennuso

sgennuso Active Member

My question is.....after I root my phone(which I did, took 15 secs' tops!!) and the froyo 2.2 update comes OTA, will the at&t bloatware apps I uninstalled with Titanium Backup show back up?

6. jhnstn00

jhnstn00 Well-Known Member

sgennuso likes this.