• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting Eris without trackball scrolling up/down

very good.

Now copy the files from that post on XDA (flash_image and misc.img) into your SDK tools folder, and run the commands exactly as show in the XDA post

Post the results here

I should add that if you see the any of those commands produce an error message, no need to do the commands after the one that has an error. (You won't see any errors if you cut and paste the lines one at a time). You will see some messages during the "push" about elapsed time and so forth.

Upvote 0
C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push flash_image /data/loca
l/flash_image
50 KB/s (9640 bytes in 0.186s)

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push misc.img /data/local/m
isc.img
824 KB/s (655360 bytes in 0.776s)

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local
/flash_image

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell /data/local/flash_ima
ge misc misc.img

Upvote 0
ok, I am on the 4th command and the cursor is flashing after the word IM..still waiting...how long does this take?

I'm guessing you pasted all four lines in one go? Otherwise I have a hard time visualizing what you are saying.

Each of the "push" commands should give you a summary of the transfer

the chmod command will be "silent" if there are no errors
the flash_image command might - or might not - produce output.

Can you cut-n-paste from your command window to this post?

Upvote 0
I am still on the 4th line in the command window...the cursor is blinking at the end of the line:

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push flash_image /data/loca
l/flash_image
50 KB/s (9640 bytes in 0.186s)

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push misc.img /data/local/m
isc.img
824 KB/s (655360 bytes in 0.776s)

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell chmod 777 /data/local
/flash_image

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell /data/local/flash_ima
ge misc misc.img

What you see here is what I see in my command box, only that my cursor is blinking

Upvote 0
I am still on the 4th line in the command window...the cursor is blinking at the end of the line:

Hmmm, just saw that part. Hit Ctrl-C.

OK, next steps.

1) Edit your post in this thread to remove the serial number from the "HT????????" string

2) Check your battery charge? How much do you have? Charge it up to at least 80% or so before continuing

3) If you left the "PB00IMG.ZIP" file on your SD card (didn't touch it since you tried to flash it last), then great. Otherwise, put it back there.

4) Re-perform the HBOOT (Vol-Down+End) process to flash the PB00IMG.ZIP file.

Let me know if your battery is already charged - I can stand by for ten minutes or so.

Upvote 0
Ok, I hit ENTER on the 4th line and this is what I got:

error opening misc misc.img: No such file or directory

Ha. The great Jcase has a typo in his instructions.

Try this as a replacement for the fourth command:

Code:
[COLOR=green][B]
adb shell /data/local/flash_image misc /data/local/misc.img
[/B][/COLOR]

you can cut-n-paste the above if you like

Upvote 0
ok, after entering that it brought me right back to the;

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\android-sdk-windows\tools>

Very good.

OK, next steps.

1) Edit your post in this thread to remove the serial number from the "HT????????" string

2) Check your battery charge? How much do you have? Charge it up to at least 80% or so before continuing

3) If you left the "PB00IMG.ZIP" file on your SD card (didn't touch it since you tried to flash it last), then great. Otherwise, put it back there.

4) Re-perform the HBOOT (Vol-Down+End) process to flash the PB00IMG.ZIP file.

Let me know if your battery is already charged - I can stand by for ten minutes or so.

Upvote 0
The HBOOT part of flashing the PB00IMG.ZIP file takes a couple of minutes.

Once it begins (I am assuming that you will NOT see the "Main Version is Older" message, and it will ask your permission to continue), do not interrupt it - but send me a post to let me know that you got past that point and the phone is flashing.

The first boot (after the HBOOT part) takes 5-6 minutes as well - it is rebuilding everything, just like a first boot of any other ROM. Let it do it's work - don't interrupt it or pull the battery or anything crazy like that.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones