Unrooting from XDA Froyo Leak (from 8/26)

Last Updated:

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have the Froyo Leak (ROM, no radio) based off of the official Froyo leak (I have the 2.05 radio). I want to unroot and go back to the stock 2.1 so that I can upgrade to the official 2.2 OTA from Verizon (then I'll re-root, that's another story though).

ROM I currently have: [ROM] 8/26 Leak Lite w/ Sense - xda-developers

The reason why I'm creating this thread is because the video from the first post at the bottom about unrooting from leaked 2.2, Is talking about downgrading from a different leaked ROM, completely different software # than I have, and I want to make sure I do this the right way.
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

3. appleaj

4. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

If you just want stock 2.2 but are not worried about catching it OTA then use the file iowabowtech supplied in that thread and put it on root of fat32 formatted sd card and boot into hboot, load image and when you are done you will have stock official 2.2 this will wipe your phone as would downgrading to 2.1 in any way.

5. appleaj

I simply want to take my phone to the factory state (original OS), from the ROM posted in first post and the 2.05 radio in order to get the official 2.2 OTA.

So will the second video on the first post work for my case?
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html

And about that second video, it says the leaked OTA, so if it's a ROM like SkyRaider Sense that's not technically the leaked OTA, can I just use the first video instead of the second one? Or does the first video only work if you don't have a custom ROM?

6. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

From what I understand, that video will wipe everything out and put you back to 100% stock regardless of what ROM you have. I used that method and it worked fine, but I am running the stock ROM .. I assume it works on the same on custom ROMs.