1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

UNROOTING my kindle fire hd 7"

1. jessica689

jessica689 New Member

i need to get rid of this whole root! it was nice while it lasted and was a very simple process but none of the tutorials ive found have helped me.

i tried myself by deleting EVERYTHING on my desktop and my kindle but go launcher just wont go away and my kindle is so slow i cant stand playing with it anymore, im afraid i messed something up!

help would be extremely appreciated!

jessica

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there

I've a complete beginner when it comes to any tablets, i'll explain the best I can.

Keep in mind I've never used a tablet either.

Do you know where your superuser binary is?

If not, it should be in the system/xbin folder using a root browser.

I hope it's the same as a phone.

If you can locate it, delete it and reboot into recovery doing a factory reset, reboot.

You should now be unrooted.

DS
  3. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic! Guide

There's no recovery for the Kindle Fire HD as of yet. She would need to get a factory cable to boot into fastboot.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Ohhh my mistake

I tried at least :)

DS
  5. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic! Guide

Its good you tried to help though. :)