• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting question

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I have someone (complete noob) that rooted their X with z4root (1 click deal) and has done nothing else to their X, using stock everything. After all these rumors are going around about the tracking and all they want to know how to get back to unrooted phone.

So, now to my question, can you un-root with z4root and then that phone be back stock or will they have to do the sbf?

Thanks!

i would probably sbf to get rid of root. but i have never tried with z4root. have them try unroot with z4 and then try to run a root only app.

be sure to tell them that IF verizon is monitoring rooted users, then more than likely it will take a lot more than unrooting or sbf'ing to get them out of the system as a root user.

Upvote 0
i would probably sbf to get rid of root. but i have never tried with z4root. have them try unroot with z4 and then try to run a root only app.

be sure to tell them that IF verizon is monitoring rooted users, then more than likely it will take a lot more than unrooting or sbf'ing to get them out of the system as a root user.

Yeah, they are like me, could care less if my phone or their phone is detected or flagged by VZW as being rooted. They just wanted to go back to stock for if and when the official Gingerbread release comes out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones