Unrooting successful

Last Updated:

1. sap995

sap995 Member This Topic's Starter

I have just recently switched to android and have been curious about rooting the device. I have spent the majority of the last two days toying around with root and the various roms available. After hours of playing around on both the droid and the forums I noticed many people having problems unrooting. So I took it upon my self to both root/unroot my Motorola Droid 2 in several different methods. So far completely successful.

I am currently unrooted after going back to factory sbf. The only thing that I am having a hard time with is I seem to have lost my stock recovery mode. The one accessed by the x key and power button on power up. I was under the impression that the sbf flash method would restore this feature. If anyone out there has any steps I may have missed or any other advice on how I could restore this feature it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sap995

sap995 Member This Topic's Starter

To anyone having the same type of problem after searching I was able to find a very helpful answer her Stock Recovery - xda-developers.

Thank you every one here and @ xda

3. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Thanks for the tip Sap!

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

You were always booting into the Stock Recovery w/the power button and X key - it just requires an additional keypress after the yellow triangle appears to open the Recovery menu...so it's:

1. Power on while holding X key on keyboard
    2. Release buttons when M logo appears
    3. When yellow triangle appears press Search button (magnifying glass) on physical keyboard.

cableguynoe likes this.
  5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I was wondering why it wasn't working for me:eek:

Thanks!