how do i go form the JF1.5 build to the normal cupcake build in the shortest time possible?
I am not sure what you mean by a "Normal Cupcake" build .. ??
What Country US or UK ??
Since 1.5 is cupcake going from JF-1.5 to HTC 1.5 is that the Cupcake you Mean ... ?
Or are you wanting to return your phone to the current Over-the_Counter (OTC) build ..
Here are some guides :
ROOT 2 Legit GUIDE (UN-ROOTING) >>> : http://androidforums.com/updates-cupcakes/5084-question-should-i.html#post32671
ROOTED UPDate to another BUILD GUIDE >>> : http://androidforums.com/updates-cupcakes/5006-g1-t-mobile-total-newbie-help.html#post32119
Now for the Builds >>> :
HTC's latest builds >>> : HTC - Support - Flashing your Android Dev Phone with a Factory System Image
Here is AF members Page for LINKS Respository
Check and Verified >>> : Cupcake Downloads
I would like to know how to change to the OTA update since I have a jailbroken phone. I use jf1.51 and it is sluggish and I am missing important apps such as my IM messenger and yahoo messenger and also my yahoo mail doesnt work anymore.
1. get the original SPL for your phone, go to the SPL thread at the top
2. rename it to update.zip and flash it to your phone
3. download the DREAIMG.nbh from the thread where you rooted your phone
4. place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card and start phone in bootloader(camera+power)
5. hit power to start the update DO NOT INTERRUPT!! i can not stress this enough
6. hit action(trackball down) and your phone will reboot
7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit
the above is from the xda-forums.
Separate names with a comma.