• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting today - warranty issue with charging

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
So, on the car charger it's ok. But when I plug the phone into the wall/USB charger, it has to sit just right for it to connect and charge.
I drained my battery last night and it took over 5 hours between the charger and IDK what else, but just to get it to reboot I needed to plug it into the car charger.

I am going to try the "unroot update" and see how that one goes. edit : **didn't work**
I will be back - hopefully tonight, with some noobie rooting questions because it's been a while, LOL.

So, on the car charger it's ok. But when I plug the phone into the wall/USB charger, it has to sit just right for it to connect and charge.
I drained my battery last night and it took over 5 hours between the charger and IDK what else, but just to get it to reboot I needed to plug it into the car charger.

I am going to try the "unroot update" and see how that one goes. edit : **didn't work**
I will be back - hopefully tonight, with some noobie rooting questions because it's been a while, LOL.

Make sure you SEARCH before you ask any noob questions ;)

Upvote 0
That's where I left my first Droid when I had to return it for constant data corruption on the SD card. My only concern these days is that they must know the replacement droid had 2.2 on it, and if I have to return this one, and unroot back to 2.01, can they bust me?

It said it failed in RSD at the end - but I don't have root and I am back to 2.01

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones