Unrooting

Last Updated:

1. coonster

coonster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently rooted running Ultimate Droid 2.0 and I need to return my phone over a faulty g-sensor. I'm trying to find the stock ROM image for whatever, 2.1, 2.2, but I can't. I was told this was the way to unroot, or the easiest way to do so.

I am on a Mac and instructions on how to root were hard enough to find. I can't find any for unrooting. So I'm guessing a stock ROM is the fix? Can I have a link please?

Advertisement
  2. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

Haven't tried, but in the app ROM manager->stock images...there appears to be a quick and easy way to get the unrooted, stock FRG01B. From what I hear, after you do this you will be prompted for the update to FRG22 (is that what it was called?).

coonster likes this.
  3. coonster

You are correct. Thank you. It gives me the option of maintaining root or losing it.

4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

+1

Install the stock 2.2 FRG01B ROM, and you will recieve the OTA update for FRG22D. When you receive the update, it removes all root privileges.

5. coonster

When I get the replacement, it will most likely have the latest 2.2 update right? Still rootable?

6. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Yes. It's going to push the stock FRG22D update. If you'd ever want to root that build, use the app z4root. It is a universal one-click root method.

7. dja1980

dja1980 Well-Known Member

I used Rom Manager to unroot with the FRG01B ROM with the Superuser option UNchecked, and it still installed Superuser. Then, I couldn't get the phone to take root again to uninstall the system app. This has happened to me twice... you'd think I'd learn NOT to use Rom Manager to unroot.

Once you lose root, how do you get rid of the Superuser app? I'm sure this would be a red flag to Verizon that the phone was previously rooted.