1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Unsecure kernel/custom recovery/su.zip

1. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Advertisement
    :
    Bob Cat, scotty85 and tpags like this.
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

looks like theyve pulled the links and are recomending twrp,if youre lucky enuff to have unlocked before it stopped working.

twrp: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1994218

also,you just need to falsh supersu from recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

no real need for the unsecure boot image.

looks like another quirk is the inability to write to /system from outside of recovery. :eek: i dont have one of these,but id imagine this will affect apps like root explorer and titanium backup. :mad:
    iowabowtech likes this.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Sounds like jcase has an unlock tool working. I'm sure we'll hear more very soon.
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

im real curious what will come of this inability to write to system from the booted OS thing. looking forward to seein how development goes :smokingsomb:
  5. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

I promise, it will go great.

LOL

D

scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

awsome sauce :smokingsomb:

will you be posting builds here?
  7. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

I already post at xda, rootz, and bamf. Kinda too much to keep up with as it is.

But there is lots of good stuff there, ROMs, kernels, etc.

D

scotty85 likes this.
  8. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Running DSB's Cubed kernel right now and for a beta its pretty damn smooth. I don't see the point, but for most, this phone will handle 1.89ghz if you were so inclined. :eek:

Love the sweeptowake too, the less I have to touch the power button the better!
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i went into the store a couple days ago and compared one to my x. i was gonna try and convince them to sell me the display model :p it was almost closing time,and they were fairly busy still. maybe another day,lol.
  10. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

So what were your thoughts side by side with the X?

Hopefully shouldn't be too long until you can find a nice one on the market, some exciting things starting. Some talented devs are starting to get some nice work out there.

I've also heard rumblings of not being able to write to system being fixed as well..
  11. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

The DNA was a lil bigger,that's about it. the DNA is every bit as sexy as the x(maybe even a lil moreso due to the black housing ;) )

They both have the same feel when you hold them,they're both fast and smooth in the UI. The x is running a more or less stock jellybean, so visually the only difference is Verizon apps.

The DNA has LTE,so has an obvious advantage wen downloading. The extra gb of ram could be a big advantage as well,but I'm not real sure what I would ever do personally on my phone that would need it. 1gb has served me pretty well.

Biggest advantage of the x is 16gb more storage ;)

One reason I love the x is the wide variety of factory ruus available. For some reason I get a big kick out of running different regional/carrier ruus. I love this about my sensation as well. :cool:

Having said all that, and being I need to use my vzw phone at work,I'd love to have one.

Although the butterfly will be out soon,wich is basically a DNA with an sd card slot. Hmmm... :D