Unsent Text Messages ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member This Topic's Starter

So I got texts from this person the other day that apparently had a read receipt attached to them. When I got the messages they asked me if I wanted to send a read receipt back to the original sender to which I replied yes. A minute or so later it said "3 text messages not sent" in the notification bar. To remedy this I clicked clear on it and deleted the whole thread between that person and me. For some reason this notification keeps coming back in my notification bar. when I click on it see what messages weren't sent it just sends me to the main text messaging screen. I have no idea what to do to get it to stop coming back but it will not go away. Even if i press clear it will come back within a few minutes. Any help or suggestions. I really dont want to reset the whole phone.

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Are you able to go to that message in your messaging app?
    If so, long click it and select delete message.

3. lilmoose1002

lilmoose1002 Member This Topic's Starter

nah once i click on the notifcation in the notification bar it takes me to the main text messaging screen. there are no unsent messages to delete

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Ok, i have no idea what your problem is. But try this.

If you havent already, reboot your phone.
    If tha doesnt do it, try a factory reset.

Other than that, take it in to Verizon to check it out.

5. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Not that it would do much, but you could try out Handcent just to rule out that it's not only your stock messaging app. Is the only issue it showing up in the notification bar? You could always disable text notifications in the text notification bar, though I can foresee that getting quite annoying.

And I'm moving this to Support/Troubleshooting!

6. pcabs

pcabs New Member

I have the same exact issue. I received mms msgs with a reciept attached. As soon as I clicked yes, I began to see 3 unsent text messages on my notification bar. The rest of the behavior is identical to the OP.

I have a Droid 2.

7. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Well-Known Member

Just download handcent mms from the market. Once it's installed, you will be able to see the unsent texts and delete them. Then you can uninstall handcent if you like (Though it's much better than the stock app)

8. CMUTAH

CMUTAH New Member

I had the same problem so I held on the message bar icon until it went to the sent text messages directory. Press and hold on each unsent text until the delete option comes up and tap delete. This worked without downloading anything. They are finally gone!

JaimeKY likes this.
  9. JaimeKY

JaimeKY New Member

Thanks CMUTAH. This worked for me also. I would have found it eventually but looking it up was faster and easier.