• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unstable When Charging

llessur

Jul 18, 2010
Hi All,

I have had the phone since yesterday and notice that when the phone is charging (USB or wall) and I'm trying to do stuff(surf the internet or play with any of my programs), the phone does crazy stuff. It will just start executing the search and other buttons on my phone without me even touching them. The phone doesn't appear to do this when it's not charging.

Another problem I've noticed is that the capacitive buttons on the bottom are unresponsive in general. I'll sometimes have to hit the back button a couple times for it to recognize that I hit it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hi All,

I have had the phone since yesterday and notice that when the phone is charging (USB or wall) and I'm trying to do stuff(surf the internet or play with any of my programs), the phone does crazy stuff. It will just start executing the search and other buttons on my phone without me even touching them. The phone doesn't appear to do this when it's not charging.

Another problem I've noticed is that the capacitive buttons on the bottom are unresponsive in general. I'll sometimes have to hit the back button a couple times for it to recognize that I hit it.

Anyone else having this problem?

I had a problem with my first captivate a few days ago where it wopuld randomly do things with the capacative buttons. They would randomly go off and back me out of things or return me to the home screen. I had to swap out the phone and have had no issues since.

Upvote 0
I just realized that I'm having this issue as well. The screen has horrible responsiveness while charging. I was really slow to realize this because I typically just charge at night while I'm asleep. Now occasionally I need to charge it while at work, and most of the time I can't unlock my phone to do anything while charging.

I got the phone the day before release so obviously am past my 30 days. Am I screwed or are there any other options available to me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones