1. LeaderRider

LeaderRider Member

Advertisement
  2. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

downloading and testing now.
  3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

running drac? let us know. id like to build upon this cm7 if its stable. pretty decent with theming.
  4. Dracable

sorry, just been playin around. lol. tried flashing in cwm, error "(Status 0) Installation Aborted"? Im semi-new to flashing, but any suggestions? about to reflash CWM, redownload cm7, and try again.
  5. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

im going to grab the system dump framework-res/system ui and play around with them a bit. should have something flashable theme wise by tomorrow morning.
    Dracable likes this.
  6. Dracable

thank u sir! ur da man! :D
  7. Dracable

ya, i reflashed cwm, redownloaded cm7, no luck. same error.
  8. LeaderRider

LeaderRider Member

I believe it's the META-INF folder. I'll check it out once I get a chance.
  9. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Did you build this from source? What exactly did you to to "port" this.

I probably wont dev on this phone much but I have done alot of work on the intercept and triumph and trust me you want to get a working stock rom built first do that you can always revert back to it if something goes wrong. And I'm not quite sure you all understand how cm7 porting works. You can't just take an already compiled rom, change somethings and hope that it world. Yes the optimus v has the same qualcom chipset but camera, radio, Bluetooth, wifi and sensor hardware is likely very different requiring different code to satisfy it. Not to mention the keyboard would definatly not work because the ov has no keyboard.

To port cm7 you must download cm7 source, create a device repo for this phone, make device specific changes to the board configs and get all the device drivers off this phone, and mostly do a bunch of hacks to get things working right. Cm7 has been worked on for a year now on the triumph and still has many issues.

I dontean to step on any toes here bit I believe a moderator needs to control this forum a little more. Posting an untested "port" of a rom that most likely contains 90% code for another phone and expecting people to test it is wrong and very foolish. I would not try flashing this no matter what. And a note to the op, if you wont test flash your work, you have no buisness postingbit on this forum. Developing roms and stuff for android phones is not easy and not anyone can do it. An understanding if how the os works, some programming knowledge mainly in c and c++ and Java as well ad dome XML and python helps. So please make sure you know what you are doing and also do not post anything without first flashing it yourself!!
  10. b_randon14

And if you just took the stock system dump and replaced things with stiff from a ov cm7 rom but didn't change the framework then I can almost 100% guarentee you that even if you get this rom to flash it will bootloop. Cm7 needs to be built from source code designed to work at least somewhat with this phone.

Now you could use the ov as a starting point and use there cm7 and then make changes needed for it to work rightvon this phone. But the way your are going about it will likely not work!
  11. b_randon14

And in your update script its trying to mount mmcblk0p2 as /system, which this PHP be doesn't even use a emmc internal memory setup. This uses mtd block partitions instead of emmc partitions. So you would need to use the appropriate command to mount mtd block 1 as system.
  12. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

13. LeaderRider

LeaderRider Member

I'll see if I can install Linux Mint in a virtual machine for my laptop.