Unusual Problem

Last Updated:

1. bradley975

bradley975 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I did my usual software updates to my Droid last night and found four updates waiting. GDE and three other smaller updates of which I can't remember off the top of my head. When I got them all installed I went to put the phone to sleep but it wouldn't black out. Every time I push the power button now a few seconds later the home selection screen pops up. If I hold the power button on a long press the proper menu will put up with airplane mode silent mode and turn the device off. I have restarted the phone, pulled the battery, taken all of the updated programs off of the phone including GDE. The problem remains.

It's like the power button got re-mapped to activate the home selector menu. Do any of you remember any setting that could have been screwed up. I have been through all of the menu items I can think of and can't find where to re-map the power button.

It is very irritating to have to wait for the phone to cycle long enough to turn itself off.

Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Have you reinstalled GDE? Sounds like your DROID is looking for GDE as it's default desktop, but can't find it ... so it is confused. Just guessin' here...

Reinstall GDE and see what happens.

3. Miga

Miga Well-Known Member

I agree. I have to do this from time to time with update. Just remove the program and reinstall.