• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unwanted apps appearing on phone!

fgianni

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
Hi

Sorry for the noob question: we have 4 android devices in the household, all connected to the same google account.

Sometimes I buy apps for my son's phone (he's 7) and of course I'm not interested in getting them in my phone as well, but for some reason it appears that if I install an app on his phone (galaxy note), after a while it gets pushed to my phone as well (galaxy note 2), it seems an odd behaviour to me.
The same does not happen with our google nexus 7 or my daughter's galaxy s.

Is there some setting that will stop this, essentially if I buy an app for a phone, I'd like to be able to install it only on that phone, and not getting it on other devices as well.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply
Well I could give the kids their own account, but how am I going to pay for their apps? My card is linked to my google account. On top of that I already paid for several kiddie games for him, I'd rather not have to pay again. (especially since he's the only user)

Upvote 0
You can have multiple accounts for the Play Store. The wife and I both use our tablets and both our accounts are on their (mostly for email). You can set up the default to be theirs with no card attached to it, and yours with the card (and aformentioned purchased apps). If you go into the Play Store, clip on settings, accounts and add account.

Upvote 0
Also, not sure if you are aware of this but, the Google Play Store, also has a website - https://www.play.google.com that you can use to install apps onto your many android devices. If you use the same account, what you would do is logon and then select the app(s) that you want to install, once you select to install the app, it will ask you which device you want to install the app to and it will only install to that device and not all of them, however, you can also still choose to install the same app to multiple devices from here also, if the app is compatible with your device. It actually pushes the software to your device(s) wirelessly & "automagically". Hope this helps!!!!

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones