• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unwanted facebook/email contacts in message recipient auto-suggest

M

Member 225000

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any replies.

First of all I'd like to point out that I have posted this in the HTC Desire section because I'm not sure whether my problem is Android or HTC Sense related.

I have linked my contacts to their facebook profiles so I can see thier pictures - awesome.

Except that whenever I compose a new text message and click on the people icon, I get a list of every single one of my facebook friends, and multiple entries for each - one for email, phone etc.

Except obviously I only want to text one of the people in my contacts, but keep slecting someone's email address that they've listed on facebook, or the wrong person who shares the same first name.

This is highly frustrating - random people appearing in my message recipients list is something I have never had to deal with before in my 10 years as a mobile phone user.

Is there a way to restrict the "suggested recipients" to the people actually in my phone book? Or is this something that has been fixed in Froyo, which I should be recieving soon?

Again, thanks for any replies :)

I solved that problem at my way and i know this might not be what you're looking for,
but... hope it helps... even a little. ;)

First time you turn on the phone, it asks language -> "how to write" -> internet connectio/wifi -> etc... after these all is a something called "social networks" (facebook, flickr and twitter)... i removed fb account from there and now my contacts aren't mess just what i have in my phone...

Also this can be done by menu -> setup(? that hat looking icon)
I don't know what is in English actually, and i don't want to change my phone setting in English... :D

Hope you understand what i'm trying to explain with my poor English skills.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones