1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Unwanted VZ "Bloatware"

Last Updated:

1. KS-X10

KS-X10 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I'm not sure if all the providers upload the same bloat ware to the Droid phones or not, so....
    Being a new user of the Droid-X.. I would like to use this awesome device as I see fit not how the providers "think" I should be "allowed" to use it..

I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer or point me in the right direction....

Firstly (this might be a little complicated) How do we know or identify what is apps are "bloat" and what apps actually came with the original OS for our phones?.. For example to my understanding the phones have native turn-by-turn navigation, but VZ loaded its Navigator app onto the phone that can

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

"Bloat" is a user defined thing. Some people define Teeter as "bloat" because it's a game they don't want. I like the game. To me it's not bloat. Most people probably don't mind the Facebook/Twitter stuff on their phone. I hate it. To me it's "bloat". The fact is that none of these apps impact the performance of your phone in any meaningful way at all.

To answer your question, if you really want to remove the apps you have to root your phone. Doing this voids your warranty though so you were forewarned.

3. KS-X10

KS-X10 Member This Topic's Starter

I snipped the "bloat" word from some stuff I was reading..
    All the added apps aren’t bad, I haven’t really jumped all into my phone yet.. I just don’t like paying extra to turn something on that was already built into my phone but someone added a tweak to it. So if I wanted to use it I would have to pay… As for rooting the phone and voiding the warranty.. unless it is seriously tore up.. no one really takes them back.. they get another one..