• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unwittingly upgraded my Tab to Jellybean

koshki

Feb 16, 2012
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 last week. It was running ICS 4.0.4, which I'm familiar with as it is on my phone.

This early this morning I woke up and saw that Samsung had sent me a notice that an upgrade was available. Thinking this is similar to the updates that Microsoft sends me all the time, I went ahead and clicked install...and went back to sleep.

Later, I turn it on to find that everything has been changed. The entire layout is different, all the bottom buttons have changed order, and the notification area is now at the top like with my phone, not in the bottom corner, which I kind of liked.

The thing I most dislike (after a very cursory look around) is that the symbols at the bottom (like "home" and "back") no longer give a little vibration when you touch them. I contacted Samsung's tech chat and they said, oh sorry, that's no longer available in Jellybean.

Seriously? Why would they take away something as useful as that?

And why did they not tell me that I was going to be upgrading to Jellybean?

I am a bit upset about how this was handled. The tech chat person didn't even know that Jellybean was available for the Tabs. I do like being able to change the home screen widgets though...

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 last week. It was running ICS 4.0.4, which I'm familiar with as it is on my phone.

This early this morning I woke up and saw that Samsung had sent me a notice that an upgrade was available. Thinking this is similar to the updates that Microsoft sends me all the time, I went ahead and clicked install...and went back to sleep.

Later, I turn it on to find that everything has been changed. The entire layout is different, all the bottom buttons have changed order, and the notification area is now at the top like with my phone, not in the bottom corner, which I kind of liked.

The thing I most dislike (after a very cursory look around) is that the symbols at the bottom (like "home" and "back") no longer give a little vibration when you touch them. I contacted Samsung's tech chat and they said, oh sorry, that's no longer available in Jellybean.

Seriously? Why would they take away something as useful as that?

And why did they not tell me that I was going to be upgrading to Jellybean?

I am a bit upset about how this was handled. The tech chat person didn't even know that Jellybean was available for the Tabs. I do like being able to change the home screen widgets though...

Have you check the forum for your device?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones