Unzipping ROM files

1. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to successfully extract a RAR file on your phone with any application? I like to play with my phone while I'm at work, and I've been able to do update.zip upgrades to the BB ROM on the phone itself since the files don't need to be decompressed, but I can't unzip a RAR for the life of me.

For the record, I've tried unzipping ZIP and a RAR file (specifically Pete's 2.1 ROM) with the following apps and results:

Astro - Blinks for a second, nothing happens, no new files appear.
    Unzip - Errors out every time
    AndroZip - Tries really hard to extract but typically ends up erroring out or extracting only partial files.

Anybody know of another good app that can successfully manage a RAR file on the phone itself?

Advertisement
  2. HyperAssassin

HyperAssassin New Member

bump this....... as I am running into the same problem
  3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I ran into this. I eventually gave up and waited until I got home to do the flash (so I could connect to my PC)...
  4. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

5. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

androzip just came out with an update that says it can extract RAR files up to 100mb, i haven't tried though...i updated about an hour ago
  6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

this is why they should have stock with update.zip format for all roms like they do with a g1/mt3g/nexus1. anyone else here come from the g1? then you know what im saying. it is so weird to use nandroid backups to flash a rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk