• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi all.
I rooted my captivate with one click lag fix. Then i went about my business for a whille, not knowing what to do with my root. I got titanium backup and was happy that i could remove all of that att bloatware on there. Then i removed google talk. i didnt think it was a big deal, i thought it was some im thing id never use. I was wrong. Now my apps in the market wont update nor can i download new ones. Someone on the x10 did it and sony ericcson has software that can reset the software on the phone. is there something for samsung like this? im really screwed. thanks to anyone.

I rooted my captivate with one click lag fix. Then i went about my business for a whille, not knowing what to do with my root.

If you don't know what to do with root and don't have a reason to root, you shouldn't be rooting. It's not without its risks... which include allowing you to shoot yourself in the foot.

It's like the safety on a gun: you don't just store a loaded gun with the safety "off" just because you can.

I got titanium backup and was happy that i could remove all of that att bloatware on there.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. People are advised over and over on these forums and in the FAQ to not uninstall, and simply "hide" (using LauncherPro) or deactivate by "freezing" (using Titanium Backup).

Uninstalling stock apps - CapFAQ

Then i removed google talk. i didnt think it was a big deal, i thought it was some im thing id never use. I was wrong. Now my apps in the market wont update nor can i download new ones.
And this is why.

Someone on the x10 did it and sony ericcson has software that can reset the software on the phone. is there something for samsung like this?
This too is outlined in the FAQ, which you should've read:

Resetting/Restoring - CapFAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones